Born in Corleone in the province of Palermo, he moved to the Sicilian capital to attend the Academy where he was a pupil of Ettore De Maria Bergler.
He met futurism on a trip to Rome. He was fascinated by it and based his later works on it, also founding a Futurist cenacle in his hometown. In Palermo he entered into a partnership with Vittorio Corona and Giovanni Varvaro. He was the leader of Sicilian futurism, in close contact with Marinetti, and organized the National Futurist Exhibition in Palermo in 1927. His works were exhibited for the first time at the Venice Biennale in 1926, and again in 1928. In 1929 he became Secretary of the fascist union of Sicilian artists. It is the logo of the Palermo Calcio of 1929.
From 1930 he moved away from Futurism to approach the twentieth-century themes, following the turning point of Carlo Carrà, who expressed his participation in the four-year period in Rome in 1931