After attending the Faculty of Architecture, he participated very young in the difficult evolution of post-war Italian abstract art, already in 1946 in the Social Art Group with Perilli, Guerrini, Vespignani, Buratti, Muccini up to the drafting (1947) of the manifesto and exhibitions "Forma 1 "together with Consagra, Turcato, Accardi and Sanfilippo.
Equally early is the curiosity and passion, artistic and political, for the experiences of other countries, cultivated consistently throughout the activity with long stays of study and work, as well as the presence in exhibitions and other events. From the late forties he made long stays in Paris and Prague, again in Paris, Harvard and Berlin, until the decade 1960-1970 in which he organized and directed the Department of Fine Arts of the University of Pennsylvania, a stay interspersed with significant brackets in Italy and elsewhere (eight months in Berlin in 1968). He exhibited with personal exhibitions at the Venice Biennale in 1960, 1966 and 1988. He exhibited several times in London, New York and in Swiss and German galleries.
In 1974 he settled in Todi and worked and taught there in the Atelier School for modern ceramics and in his own studio.
In the early eighties one of his great exhibitions of the Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris traveled to the main American museums and ended at the National Gallery of Modern Art in Rome.
In 1985 and 1986 he made his debut in Tokyo and Osaka.
Subsequently, the exhibitions continue to expand and consolidate its cultural presence in the most important European cities, while obtaining prestigious awards: member of the Academy of San Luca; of the Akademie der Kunste in Berlin; awarded the Prix Kandinsky and the International Prize of the Paris Biennale; of the Michelangelo Award of the Academy of Virtuosi.
Between 1993 and 1996 he conceived the project for the execution of fifty large mosaics by international artists in the Rome metro